As promised on my Instagram, here’s the video on how to make the Parmesan Zucchini Chips that have changed my world 🙂
Last night we also took a little trip to the temple with our family and it was nice to have some peace in this crazy world
Candied Coconut Sweet Potatoes
4 cup mashed yams (about 4 medium yams or two 29 oz cans, drained and rinsed)
6 Tbsp white sugar
3 Tbsp butter, softened or melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 of a 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
4 Tbsp melted butter
1. If using fresh yams, heat oven to 400 degrees, prick each yam with a fork and wrap with tinfoil. Cook for 40-60 minutes until tender. Once they have cooled, cut in half and scoop out the insides into a bowl.
2. To the bowl, add in sugar, butter, eggs, sweetened condensed milk and vanilla. Your butter should be soft enough to blend easily so nuke it in the microwave before you add it to the bowl if you need to.
3. Mix until everything is incorporated but there are still a few yams in larger chunks for a great texture. I use a hand mixer but you can also use a fork. Spread evenly onto a 9 x 13 pan.
4. For the topping, combine brown sugar and coconut then pour in melted butter and combine. Spread it over the yam mixture.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes. Keep an eye on it towards the end. The topping should be nice and browned and will caramelize. Yum!
6. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Notes: You can make these up to a day or two ahead of time. Keep them well covered in the fridge and don’t put the topping on until just before serving.
Recipe adapted from Our Best Bites