I have had a few people ask me recently what products I use for my hair and how I style it. I wanted to share my absolute favorite products that I use right now because I have used a lot and tested many over the years. My mom when to hair school so she has always had great tips on what products are the best and I have been able to try many brands. These are my tops picks!
1. Matrix Total Results Color Care Shampoo – I have used this shampoo for years now. Even though I don’t color my hair any more, I still think that color care shampoo is more gentle on your hair.
2. ColorProof CrazySmooth Anti-Frizz Conditioner – Hands down the best conditioner I have used. Even though my hair is pretty thin, it gets frizzy and has a lot of static if I don’t use a great conditioner. This conditioner smooths and makes your hair silky and soft. It also lasts a really long time because a little goes a long way.
3. Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus – I have used this for years and love the volume it gives me. I lift my hair up in sections after the shower and spray it at the roots, the massage it in. I then blow dry my hair upside down and it gives my hair a lot of volume. If I didn’t use this, my hair would be really flat.
4. Pureology Serious Colour Care Colour Fanatic with AntiFade Complex – I have had to spray my hair after the shower since I was young to comb it out because it gets pretty tangled since it’s thin. I used a different detangler for years until my mom discovered this. It makes your hair smooth, makes it super easy to comb out and also smells amazing.
5. Bed Head Oh Bee Hive! Dry Shampoo – Since I discovered dry shampoo, I only wash my hair about once every four days. Washing and drying my hair then styling it takes so much time in the morning, so I will do anything I can to save time. I have tried quite a few dry shampoos and this is my favorite. It adds volume, absorbs the oils and doesn’t leave a residue like some I have tried. This is an absolute staple for me.
6. Bed Head Hard Head Hairspray – I need a hard hold hairspray to keep the curl in my hair all day long, but I don’t think there’s much worse than a hairspray that leaves your hair crusty. This hairspray is the best I have used because it keeps the curl without the crispy hair. I love it!
7. Pureology Precious Oil – I keep this travel-size bottle in my purse at all times. When my hair needs to be smoothed (mainly if I haven’t washed it for a days or during the dry winter months), I put a few drops on my hands, rub them together and smooth them over my hair. It takes the frizz right out.
You didn’t think I would leave you without a sale on some of these products, did you? Right now at Ulta, buy two Big Sexy Hair products and get one free.
I also found some great hair tools on sale, including the Hot Tools curling iron I use every day (click on the photo):