This post is sponsored by American Express
Summer is here!!! The weather has been incredible here in Utah lately (finally!), and the babies and I have been outside for several hours each day. I bought them a fun water table, a bubble machine, some sidewalk chalk, and some fun water toys to play with on our back porch, and they have been in heaven! It’s so nice to get outside and enjoy activities that we can’t do when it’s snowy, winter weather. We are all feeling happy about it! Like, really happy. I’m almost embarrassed to admit how much happier I am in the summer when I can get outside in the sun.
By using my Amex EveryDay Credit Card for all these purchases (and more), I have been earning a ton of Membership Rewards points. Plus, once you make 20 or more purchases on the Card in a billing period, you’ll earn 20% extra points on those purchases*…so instead of 2x points on purchases at US supermarkets, you could get 2.4x (on up to $6,000 in purchases per year) so they add up even faster (!!!).
As those points add up, there are many great ways you can put them to work:
- Use Pay with Points at select merchants*
- Redeem for retail, restaurant, entertainment or American Express gift cards*
- Apply points to eligible charges on your statement*
- Use points for some or all of your travel at amextravel.com*
- Transfer points to a participating loyalty program*
We plan to use ours at restaurants and on entertainment gift cards. Tyler and I feel like it’s our “bonus money” (thanks, Amex!) to use for fun date nights, stress-free! We spend a little more on unique date nights with it, and I feel it helps to grow our relationship and just allows us to enjoy and have fun. If we don’t spend all of it on date nights, we’ll plan to save it for a vacation and spend a little more where we normally wouldn’t. I love that it gives us more freedom to do fun activities together or as a family!
Hope everyone has a great start to summer – more updates to come!
The twins and I need new toys every now and then to keep us occupied and entertained indoors – particularly when the weather goes from blizzard to sunny and back to blizzard here in Utah. Springtime always inspires me make a fresh start and get organized in all aspects of life…including finances. I think this is a particularly great time to assess credit card options and
make sure you have one that’s rewarding you for all those everyday expenses…because as they add up, so can the rewards! I have recently partnered with American Express to let you know about their Amex EveryDay Credit Card, and I love that using it gives me so many great rewards on purchases, from toys for the twins to date nights with Tyler.
In addition to the exciting welcome offers I’ve noted below, here are a few benefits that our family really loves:
- Earn 2x points at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases*
- Earn 1x points for every eligible dollar you spend*
- Make 20 or more purchases with your Card in a billing period and earn 20% more points on those purchases*
- You can get double Membership Rewards® points on every dollar of eligible travel purchases—such as prepaid hotel stays, vacation packages and cruises—when you use your Card to book your trip through AmexTravel.com*
Why not get rewarded for purchases I am already going to make? It’s a no-brainer to this mama.
Harris and Goldie have been my grocery shopping buddies since they were born. Whether it be winter or summer, I like to take them to get out of the house at least once a day. When it’s winter, and it’s freezing outside here in Utah, we pack up in my car and head to the grocery store a few times a week. Sometimes we need groceries, and sometimes I rack my brain really hard about what we can stock up on so that we have an excuse to get out of the house!
When they were younger, we would sometimes spend a little longer at the store if they were content walking down the aisles. Now that they are older, they take a little bribery to stay in their seats, so I typically like to head to the store when they would normally eat their snack so that they snack and look around while I get my shopping done. What else helps me get my shopping done? Credit cards…
I have recently partnered with American Express to let you know about their Amex EveryDay Credit Card. I only partner with brands I personally use and love, so I was excited when they reached out; Tyler and I have been American Express Card Members for years.
Follow along in the coming months as I share the benefits and rewards of the Amex EveryDay Credit Card and how I’m using it to make the most of everyday expenses for my family! But for now I wanted to share the great welcome offers that definitely make this card worth considering:
- There will be $0 balance transfer fees* on balance transfers made within the first 60 days of account opening (so make sure you get it done right away so you don’t forget!)
- New Card Members can also enjoy a 0% intro APR** for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 14.49 – 25.49%
- New Card Members can also earn a welcome bonus of 10,000 Membership Rewards points* after making $1,000 in purchases on the card in the first 3 months
…and the rewards on the product are great too:
- Make 20 or more purchases with your card in a billing period and earn 20% more points* on those purchases less returns and credits. Terms and limitations apply. This is why it could be a great idea to consolidate and use this Card whenever you’re making purchases…you earn more!
- Get 2x points* at U.S. supermarkets on up to $6,000 per year in purchases. Yay!
- You can use points for your charges. I personally love this because it makes everyday expenses pay off…literally!
Can’t wait to share more!