5 tips for more affordable holidays so they can be fun and simple!
- Reuse items every year! I have labeled boxes for each holiday (some more than others because I have more Christmas items than I do Valentine’s Day items, for example), and I put each item back into the box every year. It then feels like new when I pull it out, and I know exactly where to find it!
- Shop at least a month ahead of the holiday AND the day after. You will get the best selection, the best deals usually go first, and holiday items are deeply discounted afterward because the retailers want to sell what they can.
- Buy items at the dollar store, and early at Walmart and Target. I found the cutest, most affordable plates and napkins at Walmart HERE!
- Neutral can go with any holiday! Just add a pretty satin ribbon tied around candlestick holders and it can completely change the decor.
- More affordable holidays happen when things aren’t last minute. I ended up spending way too much money on my kid’s Valentine’s Day cards last year because I bought them the day before and all of the affordable cards were out of stock! Set a reminder on your calendar for events that you want to remember, like shopping for items a month ahead of the holiday. This year, just after Christmas, I added items to my calendar that I want to remember for NEXT Christmas, because these things were top of mind and I knew if I waited, I would forget.
Affordable plates and napkins here: