My morning routine as a busy mom that gives me energy and time for myself!
There’s no doubt about it; being a busy mother leaves little time for yourself unless you are very intentional about creating your schedule. I don’t think you’re going to get time for yourself unless you are very specific and intentional about creating it for yourself!
When it comes to having kids, something that has been very helpful for me is to embrace the fact that there is a certain level of chaos that just needs to be expected. There’s nothing you’re doing wrong when things come up in your children’s schedules or they have needs that you perhaps did not anticipate. It’s just part of the job!
Something that helps me to not be flustered when things like this happen is my morning routine because I feel like when I intentionally choose to do certain things that mean a lot to me, that I am living in a proactive versus reactive state. It gives me more control and helps me to emotionally regulate so that when the inevitable chaos from having kids arises, I’m able to handle it so much better!
my morning routine as a busy mom
- It’s important to get 7-8 hours of sleep for my age, so my morning routine starts at night. My bed time is between 10:15 pm and 11:15 pm. I know that sounds like a wide range, but it helps me to not freak out and stress and then not be able to sleep if I don’t get in bed right at 10:15 pm. Sleep is the foundation of all health. If you want to learn more about taking care of your physical, social, spiritual and professional help, the best thing I ever did for myself (and I don’t say this lightly) is learn the principles in this course. I’m happy to answer any questions (email me at [email protected]).
- I wake up and put on my workout clothes that I set out the night before. You can read about how I’m able to exercise 6 days a week here.
- I take my Seed synbiotics, my thyroid medicine, brush my teeth and put in my contacts then put my robe back on over my workout clothes because it’s cold! Ha! I’ve had this robe for literally 15 years. Tyler gave it to me when we were dating and it has held up amazingly well! It’s the ultimate cozy comfort.
- I go down to my office and spend about 30 minutes in my spiritual time. This looks like studying the scriptures, writing in my journal and being intentional about the identity I’m choosing to show up in, and praying.
- I get my older kids ready for school – pack lunches, help get dressed, do hair, help brush teeth, make vitamins (these are amazing kid’s vitamins and you can use JENICA for 50% off your first order).
- After they leave, Warner wakes up and I feed him and get him dressed for the day. I play with him until nap time usually in his room with his toys and books.
- I work out for 30 minutes in my basement. I would recommend reading this blog post on how I’m able to be consistent with exercise if you haven’t yet.
- I shower and get ready for the day!
I hope this blog post for my morning routine as a busy mom is helpful for you, and that you are able to get some ideas on how to have time for yourself. If you are intentional, you can be consistent and create what works well for you.