How to do your hair fast when you only have 5 minutes!
I used to think I had to resort to putting my hair up in a messy top bun when I didn’t have time to do it, which honestly doesn’t feel that comfortable for me. My hair is always being pulled a little bit when it’s like that which I don’t love. After testing out a few simple hair styles over the years and questioning if I needed to do a FULL one hour “get ready session” every single morning, I’ve realized that in my busy era of being a mom to 3 young kids it’s just not possible AND I can still feel pulled together and ready in a quick amount of time. I hope my tips help you when it comes to how to do your hair fast even on those busy days.
how to do your hair fast
- If you have long enough hair to put into a low ponytail, this is going to work really well for you. It also works well on those busy days when you don’t have enough time to wash your hair but it’s dirty. Part you hair in the middle, and use water and a fine comb to slick your hair back into a low ponytail. These hair ties are my absolute favorite and don’t pull your hair out like so many others. I have gotten my mom and sister hooked on them as well! I love them so much and normally end up getting either black or beige and matching them with my outfit.
- I like to use hair oil to make sure my hair is super slicked back. This kind is my favorite for everyday use. I also like to put it in the ends of my hair every day and I’ve noticed a big difference in how smooth my hair is and how much less I have to get my hair cut because I don’t have many split ends. If you’re looking for an oil that you can also slick your hair back with but have your hair grow long and thick, I highly recommend Amazing Hair Savior. It has TRULY changed my hair from being thin and overworked to long and thick. Use code JENICA for 15% off. You’ll notice a difference in your hair texture immediately, and after using it for 2-3 months, you’ll see your hair get thicker and grow longer because it’s vastly healthier. I cannot believe the difference!
- I grew up with all girls in our family and we have used a lot of brushes. This is hands down my FAVORITE!
- When you hair is slicked back into a ponytail, you’re going want to offset it with some larger earrings since your head looks so much smaller with less hair volume. I love hoops like these and wear them almost every day. It offsets the slicked back hair and makes you look pulled together and intentional versus in a rush.
- If you don’t have long enough hair to put it into a low ponytail, then I would recommend pumping a couple pumps of this hair oil into your hands, and running your hand through your hair and wearing it down. You can also tame flyaways by putting a very, very small amount at the top and smoothing it.
I hope this blog post on how to do your hair fast helps you! It’s been a game changer for me as a busy mom and business owner to know that I can get ready quickly while also feeling pulled together, energetic and ready for the day. Getting ready every day makes a big difference in how you feel and how much energy you have. It says to your brain, “I’m not in my PJ’s any more and I’m ready for the waking part of my day!” My free catalog will help you with more tips on how to simplify your life as well.