I use this OXO Good Grips Chopper all the time when cooking to chop anything I need to chop! Onions, garlic, nuts, you name it.
I think part of the reason I love cooking so much is because I love getting together with friends and family. When I’m cooking, it usually means I am going to share it at a party, have Sunday dinner at grandma and grandpa’s, or catch up with my husband after a long day.
I made these delightful little appetizers for a recent Sunday dinner. I had needed some ideas of what to take to a party the night before and when my mom mentioned these I couldn’t get them off my mind! This is her recipe and they were so full of flavor and made my kitchen smell like heaven. I don’t know about you, but my heaven will includes lots of good food.
When I’m cooking, I typically like to choose lower fat and lesser calorie alternatives which is why I went with turkey sausage and neufchatel cheese (low fat cream cheese). Also, I normally don’t buy pre-chopped green onions but that’s all the grocery store had at the time. I did need to chop them a little more in my OXO Good Grips Chopper. This tool is handy when I’m chopping other things like nuts.
1. Wash mushrooms, then cut off the stems and scoop out the middle (save stems and freeze them to make omelets or put in other dishes).
2. Cook 1/4 lb. turkey sausage until browned.
3. Combine cream cheese, turkey, green onions and parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix until combined.
4. Stuff mushrooms with mixture, then put in an oiled pan and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and rosemary
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-60 minutes until browned.
6. Serve immediately and enjoy!
And in case you’re wondering, this is what I’m wearing in the pictures above:
Bracelets: J Crew and Cezanne (on sale!) | Watch: Michael Kors, similar here but craving this one, this one and this one | Sweater: Banana Republic (sold out), similar and on sale here at JCPenney
What are your favorite appetizers?
Why do you like to cook?