To my beautiful children,
It has been far too long since I’ve written a letter to you and I want you to know my favorite things about 19-months-old!
Being a mama is the craziest thing because I’m tired to my bones and so exhausted sometimes that I’m not sure who thought it was a good idea to give me such a huge responsibility. I think to myself that God sure had a lot of trust in me because I feel so imperfect. Then other times I feel like I have it all under control. The more I think about it, the more I think that’s how motherhood was designed to be. It exposes my biggest flaws and forces me to work on myself. It’s hard, but the best and most worthwhile things are that way, aren’t they?
Your little bodies bring me so much JOY!! I pick you up and hold you close whenever you will let me. I love that you say, “ready, set, GO!!!” and your little legs speed up as you race across the kitchen. I have a smile on my face right now just picturing it. I love that you get SO excited when I pull toys out of the closet that you act like it’s your first time playing with them. I got out the Little People today and I loved watching you two sit by each other, placing the Little People in the doll house. You said they were going “Nigh night.” Sometimes when I get Goldie out of her crib after nap time or in the morning, you say, “hooray!!” while pumping both fists in the air. It’s such a great reminder for your mama to seize the day and be excited about it! When I get Harris out of his crib, you always say, “biket.” You LOVE your blanket and you love to cuddle it and use your pointer finger and thumb to pick at while you hold it. It’s a cute little habit you have. My favorite thing is when I get you from your nap or am taking you to your nap, and you lay your sweet head on my shoulder. Those blonde curls, little boy!!
A few favorite moments lately:
- We walked into Costco and I put both of you in the shopping cart. Sometimes I just leave you in your stroller but I forgot the stroller at home so luckily Costco has a two-seater shopping cart. We walked in and Goldie looked around, very pleased at what she saw, and said, “I liiiike it!!” It was the first time I had heard you say that, Goldie!! I started laughing! You like to say it when you are eating something delicious and it makes me laugh every single time.
- Goldie has said, “I tired” a couple times lately and I’m like, yeah girl, me too.
- Harris hugged Goldie in the shopping cart at Costco and then she nuzzled right in and kept putting her head on his shoulder.
- Harris and Goldie walked around the kitchen holding hands and it melted my heart into a puddle.
- I took off Goldie’s diaper to get in the bath tub and she started shaking her little bum like I’ve never seen her do. Like bath and forth nice and slow. I started laughing my head off and she knew she was being funny and loved being a little clown!
- I told Harris and Goldie that it was my birthday month (hello, March 19th), and Goldie literally started singing “Happy Birthday!” I just about died. “Birt-day You!”
- Goldie saw a star at church on Sunday and said, “star.”
- I realize that I’m saying a lot of things about Goldie right now but it’s because she’s been talking like crazy!! It’s blowing my mind.
- Harris’ giggle is the cutest thing of my life. He is such a big boy!
- We walking in from our walk the other day, I gave the babies each a small bag of goldfish, and they sat next to each other on the ground and started eating them next to each other. They’re relationship kills me!! The best.
I love you, my angels. Thanks for being patient with me and loving me always, and thanks for allowing my patience to grow. You are my greatest gifts.
Leave a Reply