To my beautiful children,
You are sucking the energy out of me. I got back to the house tonight and sat in the car for 20 minutes because I couldn’t muster the energy to get out of my car and walk in. I’ll make you a deal, though. If you keep taking all of my energy to grow healthy and strong, you can have it. Deal? I seriously LOVE YOU!!!
You are both the size of little limes. Limes! You cute little nuggets. My belly isn’t really showing much still. I feel a little bloated but the bloating has gone down since I stopped the progesterone shots yesterday. There is going to be a lot of growth in the next few months! I wear my jeans with a little rubber band around the loop and button because I don’t want to squish you. I mean, that’s just rude. I need to buy some maternity jeans soon.
I was thinking about the differences of being pregnant vs. going through IVF:
– Way more exhausted physically being pregnant.
– Way more exhausted emotionally going through IVF. People say that they are extremely emotional while pregnant and I feel like my hormones and emotions are much more stable in comparison to IVF!
– So nauseous being pregnant. Whoever came up with the term “morning sickness” was on crack. Excuse my French. I think the exhaustion is getting to me.
– Did I mention exhaustion while pregnant? It’s an exhaustion like no other. I slept for 10 hours the other night, and I was still tired.
– No more shots (I’ve been doing daily progesterone shots through 11 weeks), so now I don’t have to do any more shots. I don’t know what I’m going to do with myself! No more bruises. I started to get used to them at the end, but they will be a welcome absence in my life.
– Loads and loads of happiness being pregnant. The anticipation of your arrival has your daddy and I giddy. We like to talk about you. We were lying in bed the other night reading and I put down my book suddenly and said, “Tyler! We get two sets of chubby baby legs to squish!” He laughed and said when one of you got sick of us squishing your legs, we could go to the other one. And back and forth and back and forth. You are two loved little sweethearts.
To celebrate being done with the shots, I took some pictures. This isn’t all of the shots because I disposed of many of them. I wish I had counted how many. Hundreds. And I would do it over again to get my sweet babies on the way. My heart just about explodes when we get to see an ultrasound of your development. You are growing so fast! You have fingers and toes now. You’re 11 weeks and 3 days old today.
Your dad is seriously going to be the best dad. He takes such good care of us. He texts me in the middle of the day to ask how “us three” are doing. He makes me food when I get sick. He tucks me into bed without me even having to ask. He honestly treats me like a queen, and I can’t wait to see you in his arms. He is a proud daddy already.
We love you!
Lots of shots!!
This is what I looked like when I got home tonight. I went to work with my hair like that! Ha ha ha. I’m so tired 🙂
Sunday’s Parcell Sunday Selfie. We stayed up at my mom’s house this weekend to escape the horrible Utah smog. Sunday was Valentine’s Day and I’m lucky to have one big Valentine and 2 tiny Valentine’s this year!