This is what you do on girl’s weekends, too, right?
We literally stood here for 15 minutes taking pictures and laughing our heads off, and trying to act normal when people walked by 😉
The sweets at the Grand Cafe! I think we stopped to look every single time we walked by.
You GUYS! My friends and I just got back from the most fun girl’s trip. We keep texting each other, “how could that have gotten any more perfect?!” From start to finish, it was a blast, and I want to share our experience with you because you and your friends need to replicate this trip. Let me know if you do, I want to hear about it! Or, actually, on second thought…you’re inviting me too, right?
So, here’s the rundown:
- We drove to Vegas on Friday at about 3 pm which takes us about 5.5 hours. It took us longer because we stopped at really good tepanyaki restaurant called Sakura in St. George, UT, and of course at gas station to pick up some treats. Funny story: we were looking on Yelp for where to eat and decided on an Indian food place. We pulled up and it looked so sketchy! We got out, and decided to risk our necks and go for it. I walked in first, and it looked so horrible on the inside that I turned my head to see if they wanted to leave and Trisha was already completely turned around literally pushing Ashley out the door. Ashley couldn’t see anything yet so she was just standing there. We probably made quite the scene but we jumped in our car and got out of there!
- We stayed at Green Valley Ranch in Henderson, Nevada which was about 12 minutes past the strip. We loved our suite! It had two queens and a sitting area with a couch and chair, as well as a balcony with a table and chairs, and two reclining chairs to lay out. We only left the resort once all weekend and just to walk across the street to go shopping the District! Rachel’s Kitchen was a great spot to each for lunch that one my readers recommended. (Thank you again!) That’s what I loved about it; we went to the spa and got massages, ate multiple meals there and hung out at the pool all day on Saturday and didn’t have to leave because everything you want is right there. It’s so easy and relaxing!
- We got a cabana and laid out for hours on Saturday. It was so nice, because if you got too hot you could jump in the pool reserved for those with cabanas or go back to your cabana and order food and watch TV in the shade. We all thought this would be perfect for kids who want to take a break from the sun and watch to watch a movie or cartoons. They have these hilarious giant floaties in the pools, so of course we had to take advantage and get some great pictures with the unicorn.
- For brunch on Saturday, we went the Grand Cafe and we all loved it. Ashley got french toast and they poured the syrup onto her french toast while it was on fire! Fancy. We ate at Tides, their seafood restaurant on Saturday night and we mainly got their sushi rolls. They were so accommodating and even tempura fried one of the rolls on the menu even though it wasn’t standard! Everything is better fried says everyone and everything except my waistline 😉 Our favorite restaurant there was Bottiglia. We still can’t get over how cute it was decorated! It’s an Italian place that has lots of variety. We ate there for brunch and I got the prosciutto eggs benedict and could have died and gone to heaven. I never order french toast but I tried my friend’s and it was unreal. I will 100% go back there in the future!
- On Sunday after brunch, we checked out and went shopping at the Las Vegas Premium Outlets. My friends snagged some goodies that they had been eyeing at kate spade new york and I literally didn’t get one thing for myself! Ha ha people told me how fun it was to shop for your kids, but I had no idea how fun. Harris and Goldie got some cute outfits at GAP and Carters that I immediately threw in the washer and dryer the next morning after I got home so they could wear them. I was so excited that they are even wearing their 4th of July outfits today!
Let me know if you have any questions! It was such a fun trip that I could literally re-live it for the next few weekends straight. I want to go back. Like, now.
So when are we going?!
Summer basics that I’m loving!