This Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe is so simple and always a hit!
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
I think the thing I like most about this Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup is that it is SO EASY to make and also so simple to alter based on your own likes and dislikes! I’ve tried this with difference veggies added (sometimes I’ll put in bell pepper and sometimes I’ll put in onion depending on what I have – it would also be good with both!) and it’s so easy to customize.
I really don’t feel like you can go wrong with such a great base! This will save you on those days that you don’t have much time to cook but still want a nice, hearty meal for your family and want to save money and eat healthier at home. Yum! I hope you enjoy it! On the days where you do have time, I would highly recommend my delicious no knead crusty artisan bread to go with it as well.
I would also highly recommend this chopper to chop your veggies! It saves SO MUCH TIME on chopping! I will get a large container of carrots and celery from Costco, chop all of it and freeze it into quart sized freezer bags and use it for soups all winter long so I only have to chop those veggies once and then easily have them on hand to throw into soups.
I also like to make homemade tortilla strips in my favorite air fryer (I think everyone needs one of these!!) I’ll slice corn tortillas into small strips or pieces, spray with avocado oil and toss with salt, then put them in the air fryer for a few minutes, checking on them every few minutes.
Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 qt chicken stock (you can use store bought – I get mine at Costco – or you can mix yourself with something like Better Than Bullion which I also get at Costco!)
- 2-3 lb frozen chicken breasts, thighs or tenders. You can also use chicken that isn’t frozen and you can reduce the amount of time cooked
- 1 15 oz can beans, drained. I’ve used black beans and great northern white beans and I like them both so choose what is most delicious to you!
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Optional toppings: sour cream, tortilla strips, avocado
- Combine all ingredients into a crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours. Take out chicken when it is fully cooked, shred with a fork, and add back into crock pot. Serve warm! Top with desired toppings.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and that it gives you back some time while also feeding your family a healthy, tasty meal! Happy Cooking!