I hope you enjoy this fun winter family bucket list and make great memories!
If you would like more fun blog posts like this and ideas for an affordable lifestyle, pop in your information below and I will be in touch!
Winter Family Bucket List
- Build a Snowman or Snow Fort: Embrace the winter wonderland by building a classic snowman or constructing an impressive snow fort together. I remember doing this is a little girl and it is such a fun memory for me! If it’s going to be snowy and cold, we might as well embrace it! If you don’t live in a snowy climate, you can still go outside and take in the differences in your environment with any seasonal changes.
- Go Ice Skating: Find a local outdoor or indoor ice skating rink and spend a fun-filled day gliding across the ice with the whole family. There is something so much fun about this classic winter activity! I loved doing this as a little girl and it’s about time I start doing this with my kids!
- Have a Winter Picnic: Pack some hot chocolate, marshmallows, and snacks, then head out for a cozy winter picnic in a scenic park or forest. I also love the idea of going for a winter walk around the neighborhood with a cup of hot cocoa in hand.
- Visit a Holiday Market: Explore festive holiday markets or fairs in your area. You can enjoy seasonal treats, crafts, and entertainment together. We have some great markets in Salt Lake City here locally to me that are so charming and festive! You can search online for some in your area.
- Make DIY Ornaments: Get creative and crafty by making your own holiday ornaments or decorations. Use various materials like paper, clay, or even natural elements like pinecones. I think it’s so much fun to gather items from outside and see what my kids come up with!
- Attend a Winter Festival: Check out local winter festivals or events. They often feature activities like sleigh rides, live music, and delicious seasonal foods.
- Go on a Winter Nature Hike: Bundle up and take a family hike in a nearby nature reserve or forest. The winter landscape can be breathtaking, and you might spot some wildlife too. It’s tempting to stay inside when it’s cold but I have never regretted getting bundled up and going on adventure with my family.
- Bake and Decorate Cookies: Spend a cozy afternoon baking a variety of holiday cookies together. Then, get creative with frosting and decorations. These cookies of mine are some of my favorites!
- Movie Night or Day: Have a family movie night and don’t forget the popcorn and blankets! This popcorn maker is my absolute favorite and is so easy to clean.
- Go Sledding or Tubing: Find a nearby hill or slope and enjoy some exhilarating sledding or tubing. It’s a fantastic way to have fun and enjoy the snow. I like to find small little hills around us that aren’t too fast and don’t take much time to walk up and down again for my kids!