Tips on How to Have Enough Energy When You Work Full Time!
There’s no doubt that conserving energy is important when you are working full time, and when you aren’t! The term “working full time” can be applied to a lot of different jobs and is relevant to anyone. You are BUSY. You have a lot things you want to do and a lot of ways that your focus is being pulled!
5 tips on how to Have Enough Energy When You Work Full Time
- Ask yourself the question, “What do I really want?” and then sit with it. You don’t have to have the answer right away. You don’t have to know immediately. But maybe, you have been doing things out of habit when in reality, you don’t actually want to be doing them anymore. What do you want? Is it important to you to exercise every day (my tips here). Is it important to spend 15 minutes of uninterrupted quality time with your spouse every day? What is important to YOU? Not your friends or your mom, but you. This may be a great time to journal because writing helps you process and also forces you to slow down in a fast-paced world so you can actually think and listen. I love this notebook. It has almost 400 pages and I’ve had it for about a year and am not even halfway through you using it yet.
- Create a schedule based on what is important to you, and then stick with it. Expect yourself to not want to get up when your alarm goes off, expect yourself to not want to exercise when it’s to exercise, and expect yourself to think other things are more pressing when you want to have one on one time with your spouse. Honor your past self and do it anway. You made a choice and the time to make the choice is over; the time to take action on the choice is now.
- Be realistic about what you can actually fit into your schedule. You genuinely can’t do it all, and when you accept that, you can begin to focus on what you CAN do and be INTENTIONAL about it. This book is great if you’re having a hard time with deciding what you want to spend your time on.
- Be flexible. As a mother, I have come to the conclusion that by nature, having little kids is chaotic and if you don’t expect a certain amount of chaos, then you are going to be disappointed almost all of the time! It’s okay. Sometimes your plans won’t go well, or you’ll be interrupted, or other things will come up. We waste a lot of energy by being frustrated that our reality in the present moment isn’t how we pictured it being. Think about how much energy you waste on that!
- When you work full time, think about why. There is a benefit. Is it that you get to live in the home that you want to live in? Is it that you get access to be able to buy food that you want to eat? There is always a benefit to every action. When you focus on what it’s giving you, you can create more joy in the actions that you don’t always find fun.
When you work full time (we ALL do), and you want more energy, it really comes down to your focus. Where are you focused? And are you being intentional?
SHOP ITEMS FROM THIS POST