The Instant Pot! Talk about an instant hit, too. When I heard people raving about this genius device, I couldn’t wait to get one. When I finally did, I understood what everyone was raving about! One of my goals this year is to start learning new recipes for the Instant Pot because it really does simplify life a lot. It is so nice to be able to throw in soup at 5 pm (with frozen chicken!), and have it be completely done by 6 pm.
I never expected this when I first got my Instant Pot, but what I have used it for the most is to hard boil eggs! I hate it when hard boiled eggs are hard to peel, and I was amazed at how easily the shells slipped right off of these eggs when they are cooked in the Instant Pot this way.
INSTANT POT HARD BOILED EGGS
- Put a cup of water in to the Instant pot, and put in as many eggs as you want.
- Seal the lid on top and make sure it is set to sealed on the top instead of venting.
- Set your Instant Pot on manual high heat for 5 minutes.
- When it’s done, let the pressure release on it’s own, and then remove the eggs.
- Let them cool a bit, then peel and eat or refrigerate until you are ready to eat them! I like to put them in a cute little egg crate like this one so I remember which eggs are boiled and which ones are not.
If you haven’t yet purchased an Instant Pot, this is the best price and where I got mine. I have the 6 quart version and it is so nice to be able to either cook a small amount, or a large amount when we have guests coming over.
FAV PRODUCTS TO HOLD ‘DEM EGGS
If you have any Instant Pot recipes that I must try, please let me know!! I need more to be able to add to my list of easy-to-cook meals. Thank you, friends!