A few weeks ago I took to my Instagram stories to ask for HELP!!! I was out of snack ideas. My babies, now toddlers (what?! When did this happen?!) need more varied snacks and sometimes a mama’s brain has reached maximum capacity. I needed help from the experts. YOU! We need to stick together because momming ain’t easy. And that’s the understatement of the year.
We combined forces to create this great list of snack ideas! I’m going to refer to it on the weekly. Thank you to everyone who helped me come up with this list of great toddler snack ideas!
TODDLER SNACK IDEAS (that mom will love, too)
- Snap pea crisps
- Cheese sticks, cubes or string cheese cut into little pieces
- Fruit and veggie squeeze packs (I like the Go Go Squeeze packets from Costco + Kirkland Signature applesauce)
- Peanut butter sandwich (my kids like it with honey, not jam lol)
- Pretzel sticks
- Apple slices
- Carrots (boiled so they are soft)
- Greek yogurt
- Crackers (mini club crackers are a good idea)
- Lara Bars
- Clif Z Bars
- Green smoothies! Harris especially LOVES green smoothies! This is what I put in mine:
- A couple handfuls of spinach (I buy the organic package from Costco)
- About 1/2 cup organic frozen berries (I love the mix from Costco)
- 1 packet WMNutrition blueberry protein (HANDS DOWN the most delicious protein I have ever had! Sweetened with stevia so it’s all natural, tastes like a blueberry muffin, and only 99 calories with 19 grams of protein. I LOVE IT!!! It also comes in small to to-go packets so you can easily travel with it. Use code STYLE47 for 47% off their entire site! Oh, and I love this to curb my cravings + it tastes like mocha and is such a nice, warm treat!)
- Sometimes I add a little bit of Trop 50 if I want it to tastes more tropical
- I add all of the above and blend!! You’ll need to play with the amount of liquid and keep adding to get the consistency that you like the best.
- Fig bars (my kids love the fig bars from Costco!)
- Granola bars
- Pirates Booty
- Graham crackers
- Cereal bars
- Yogurt drops
- Trader Joe’s apple sticks
- Veggie sticks (my kids LOVE these…I buy the big bag at Costco)
- Cheese curls
- Egg cups (these ones look good! Leave out anything you don’t think your toddler would like)
- Hard boiled eggs (Goldie especially LOVES these)
- Hummus and cucumbers
- Belvita biscuits
- Diced ham or turkey
- Frozen peas out of the freezer
- Yogurt raisins
- Mini wheats
- Muffins (someone gave me this recipe – add in a blender spinach, kale, peanut butter, banana, egg and some oats and cook in mini muffin tins at 350)
- Inner Peas from Traders Joe’s
- Freeze dried fruit (blueberries, apples, bananas)
- Bagel and cream cheese
- Peanut butter crackers
- Fruit leathers
- Vanilla wafers
- Graham cracker sandwich (Put yogurt in the middle and put in freezer until frozen. Sounds delish!!)
Please leave a comment to give us any additional ideas that we may be missing so I can add it to this list! It’s easy to run out of ideas so I’m excited to be able to refer to this list of toddler snack ideas. Thank you so much to everyone that contributed! We’re a good team.
I love your blog and your family is adorable. I just have a quick question and I hope it makes sense. Your picture with the green smoothie and protein packets….there is another picture in there with a pink box that says something about “slim” what is that? Again I hope this makes sense. Thanks so much!
Jenica Parcell says
Thank you so much, Tammy! That is the Advantraslim. I love that too! It’s the all-natural way to suppress your appetite for a few hours. I like the hot chocolate kind the best (it actually tastes like mocha). Here is the link! https://wmnutritionsystem.com/product-category/weight-loss/?v=7516fd43adaa
Hi! Fellow twin mama. This is great definitely going to try some of these out! Just a thought…can you do a post of best toddler meals? My girls are picky and I’m always racking my brain on new meals that they will actually eat. It’s tough! Thanks!!
Jenica Parcell says
That’s a great idea! I need to ask my people on instagram and get a roundup because I am running out of ideas, too!
These are great ideas, I have 2 year old girl and another on the way . thank you!
Jenica Parcell says
You bet!! xo