What to wear in London for a week!
We just got back from London (you can see our full 4 day London itinerary here) and it was such a great trip! It can sometimes be confusing to know what to pack when you’re going to a place you’ve never known before, so I wanted to share with you what I wore to London for a week (well, a little less, but I packed enough for a week!) I like to have options depending on what the weather was like and these items worked out really well for me.
what to wear in london for a week
- First, for the plane ride you’re going to want to wear something extremely comfortable. Our flight was about 8.5 hours on the way there, so I wanted to be able to sit in my seat without getting uncomfortable and sleep as much as possible on the way there. I wore a set of joggers I got from Varley because they are hands down the most comfortable joggers I’ve ever put on my body. In my opinion, they are worth the investment and feel extremely luxurious. If these aren’t in your budget right now, I love this brand as well.
- We went to London in September, so I bought a sweater dress and rolled up the sleeves when it got a little warm.
- Make sure to bring a rain coat (I got mine here) – London rains on and off and we had a day where it downpour for a few hours. Make sure to bring an umbrella as well!
- Good walking shoes are very important – we tracked miles and miles every day! I love exploring a new city on foot. These are my favorite option, and one of the women on the trip with us had these and I want to buy them in every color because they are so chic.
- Bring a sweatshirt in case you get cold – I wore mine in the morning for walks and heading to the gym.
- I love wearing dresses while traveling because they are comfortable and you can layer cardigans and coats over them while still looking pulled together.
- Bring a cardigan to layer over your tees which make your outfits versatile.
- I love pairing ribbed tees with skirts and tucked into a good pair of jeans.
- Wear jewelry you can pair with multiple outfits so you can wear the same jewelry each day and not get bogged down with too much stuff.
- I loved this phone holder – it is PERFECT for traveling with because you can strap it around your body and hold your cards in it, too, and it’s super lightweight! HIGHLY recommend getting this for traveling.
- These are my favorite leggings of all time and they are SO AFFORDABLE.