These enchiladas are very simple to put together but full of flavor for a great dinner the whole family will enjoy!
Throughout my marriage I have searched for recipes and meals that are simple to prepare and that I always have the ingredients on hand so that I can make dinner quickly on pinch. I have made various versions of these enchiladas for years and have added or removed ingredients throughout. These are very forgiving and simple to make so they are a perfect recipe for anyone!
Oh, and I should note that I always use the Tortilla Land flour tortillas to make them. They are so soft and really make the enchiladas I think. I always buy mine at Costco but they also sell them at these stores. They are uncooked and you cook them yourself at home. Their corn tortillas are also to die for. Here’s a coupon for a dollar off!
White Chicken Chili Enchiladas
Makes 9 enchiladas
9 flour tortillas (my favorite are Tortilla Land – get $1 off here)
8 chicken tenders
1 cup pepper jack cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 4 oz can diced green chilies
Extra pepper jack or cheddar cheese to top
Lettuce, tomatoes and salsa to serve with
1. If you’re using Tortilla Land uncooked tortillas, cook the tortillas on a skillet then lay out the tortillas on the counter when cooled.
2. Cook chicken tenders on the stove with desired seasoning. When done, cut into cubes.
3. Mix pepper jack cheese, sour cream and diced green chilies in bowl then add chicken. Spread evenly among flour tortillas then roll up and put into a dish. I normally cook half and freeze half for later. Top with pepper jack or cheddar cheese.
4. Heat oven to 375 degrees F then cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Serve immediately with lettuce, tomatoes and salsa.
Note: If you freeze them, add an additional 10 minutes to cook time approximately.
Shop pretty plates to serve with:
Susan (aka qwho) says
I don't like sour cream. What could I use as a substitute? Is it spicy? I would like for it to be somewhat spicy.
Jenica Parcell says
Susan – I have never used anything other than sour cream in this recipe. It's slightly spicy because of the green chilies and pepperjack cheese. Enjoy! 🙂