I still can’t believe these two are mine!! I looked forward to having my very own baby shower for years when Tyler and were trying to get pregnant. I would dream of sitting there surrounded by my friends and family with my big belly and the fun anticipation of a new arrival. Well, I got two new arrivals, and my friends and family were so unbelievably incredible that I got three baby showers! The family baby shower with my sister-in-law Rachel is here, the summer outdoor blog friends baby shower is here, and the neighborhood and friends silver and gold baby shower is here!
There are a few things that didn’t even cross my mind to add to my baby registry, but luckily I had wise women know just what to give me. These are items are a really good idea to register for because you’ll use them a lot!
- Diapers. I prefer Pampers diapers, and I’m sure glad that my sister as well as Tyler’s cousins got me a lot! That’s one thing you want to be stocked up on so you don’t have to keep running to the store when your baby (or babies!) are born. Tyler’s cousins unpackaged them and put them in a cute basket like this which made it a really cute gift! I like to store my diapers in that basket so my room can still look cute while also being functional.
- Wipes. Yep, you’re going to need a lot of these too!
- Bath wash and toys. The twins love taking baths. They love playing with these little foam letters in the bath. I love the smell of Johnson’s Baby Moisture Wash the best!
- Books. I don’t think I would have started to read to the twins as early as I did if I didn’t get that suggestion from a nurse. She actually came over to my house from the city; they send nurses to houses of premature babies to make sure you have all of the resources that you need. She suggested that I show them the pictures in the books and read to them, even as young as 2-months-old! I was amazed at how well they paid attention. If they were fussy, I would pull out a book and they would calm down! I love reading and I want to instill in my babies a love for reading as well. I love the Dr. Seuss books! This is my favorite one. It has so many good life lessons, even for adults!
- Oxi-clean. No, I’m not joking. One of Tyler’s other cousins gave us a blow-out kit and oxi-clean is a miracle tool for getting the poop stains out of any clothes! You put a scoop of oxi-clean into a plastic container like this, then put in the dirty clothes and let it soak for a couple days. It literally gets the stains completely out!
You can also see my must have newborn baby products here. I hope this helped any expectant mamas, or those giving those expectant mamas some gifts! xo
This post is sponsored by Pampers, a brand that I love and use. All opinions are my own.
Leave a Reply