One of my most commonly asked questions over the past year has been, “how do you curl your long hair?!” and I got a KILLER DEAL for you guys on my absolute favorite hair wand of all time HERE and in rose gold HERE. It is normally $130 and…wait for it…I got you a deal for 40% off!!!! They gave me 10% off at first and I didn’t think that was good enough for you guys. So I waited. And I emailed. And then I emailed someone else. I mean, you deserve gold! And this is solid GOLD, baby. Use this link and use code JENICA40 at checkout for 40% off. Get the 32MM curling wand (either gold or rose gold) and your life will be changed.
I posted a hair tutorial last year, but I have started using some new incredible products that have truly changed my hair and brought back moisture so it doesn’t break so I wanted to share with you! These are my absolute favorite hair products for healthy hair and easy hair styling. I started using this curling wand two years ago and then tried to use my other curling iron just to see how they compared and it didn’t even remotely compare AT ALL. And this was a nice curling iron that I had loved prior to buying this hair wand! Like, I bought it at a professional beauty salon and it was really high quality but nothing, nothing NOTHING I have ever used compares to this curling wand.
Before the tutorial, let’s make one thing clear:
- This hair tutorial is FAST. It may take you longer the first couple of times, but when you have it down, it is really, really quick. I want my hair to look great because when I look good, I feel good and then I can do good (my friend Courtney’s company motto that I love!), BUT I don’t have a lot of time. I did my hair on this Vegas girl’s trip last year and my friends were like, “wait, what?! Your hair is done??” Like…I’m faster than a speeding bullet. This wand works quickly so you can look great and get on with your busy day, girl.
Ready? Here goes!
How to Curl Long Hair Tutorial:
The supplies you need to curl your long hair:
- Buy this curling wand (the 32mm gold, or the rose gold version is here) using code JENICA40 to get 40% off (woooo!!!)
- If you are a blonde, this is the haircare that I HIGHLY recommend. I switched what I was using and it has completely changed my hair and made it super healthy – Use THIS SHAMPOO, THIS CONDITIONER, and THIS HAIR MASK once a week. Use THIS SHAMPOO every other wash to keep the yellow out of your blonde. It keeps the brassy tones away and has made a huge difference in preserving my color.
- This is hands down my favorite hair dryer. It really, really reduces the static and makes my hair so much more smooth. I don’t know how they do it, but I like it. It also dries my hair really quickly. Use code JENICA40 to get it for 40% off!
- Spray this spray in your hair after you get out of the shower to protect color and make it shiny + easy to comb out
- Spray Big Sexy Hair Root Pump Plus at the roots of your hair. I separate my hair and spray 3 strips onto each side of my scalp so that I can rub it in and cover my whole scalp. It gives you lots of volume and I’ve used it for years and years.
- Use this repair rescue on the ends of your hair after you get out of the shower. It has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced my split ends. I can now wear my hair straight now when I want because the ends look so great!
- This dry shampoo is my favorite and also happens to be WAY less expensive than most others
- Buy this hairspray I have strayed away and ALWAYS come back to it. It holds really, really well without leaving your hair crunchy.
- Comb (this kind is my favorite)
- Brush (I LOVE this one)
How to Curl Long Hair – Step by Step Guide:
Step 1 – Blow dry your hair with heat, upside down EVERY DAY regardless of whether you just washed it or not. This helps get out some of the kinks from sleeping on it and adds the body back. Make sure to blow dry your roots really well. Blow dry it for about 1-2 minutes.
Step 2 – Dry shampoo is your best friend. Like, best friend. This dry shampoo is my favorite, and is so inexpensive. You would never in a million years guess it would would so well, but it does and a lot better than many of the expensive brands I have tried. Spray the dry shampoo around your face at roots, including by your neck. Wait for it to dry then massage it in. Do this even on the day that you wash it! This is one of my secrets to a lot of body because it helps give some texture to your roots!
Step 3 – Brush you hair. I love this Wet Brush a lot. I’ve never found a brush that I like more than this and that pulls out the least amount of hair.
Step 4 – Spray your hair with hair spray. Again, this is the best hairspray I’ve ever tried. I strayed from it for a while and then came back to it and was like, “WHY DID I EVER LEAVE YOU?!!” After it dries, brush through it one more time. This will make your curls stay longer. If I don’t spray it, then comb it through before I curl it, my hair doesn’t curl very well. ONLY DO THIS ON THE FIRST DAY THAT YOU WASHED YOUR HAIR OR HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY SPRAYED IT WITH HAIRSPRAY, though! Since I only wash my hair every 4-5 days, when I curl it again on day 2-5, I don’t need to spray my hair again before I curl it because it already has hairspray.
Step 5 – I heat up my curling wand to 410 degrees. Don’t ask me why I started doing it to that temp (you can adjust the temp as you want), but it has worked perfectly for me! Also, BE EXTRA CAREFUL not to burn yourself! This is HOT!! Grab a piece of your hair in the front, and using your curling wand, curl it back. Hold the curl for a few seconds in your hand after it’s done so that the heat doesn’t pull it out.
Step 6 – Get another section of hair and curl it in the opposite direction. This helps add a lot of body and texture! Keep curling section by section of hair on one side of your head in the opposite direction, one section after the next. If you have layers, first take big sections of hair and curl them, then pick smaller pieces of the layered hair over the top and do the same curls on those layers.
Step 7 – Pull your hair away from your head and spray it with hairspray. Try to angle your head to the side so your hair is falling away from your face, and pull your hair apart while you’re spraying it. This gives it a lot of body! Repeat the curls for the other side of your head and you’re DONE!
If I don’t have time to curl my hair, I will straighten it and I LOVE this straightener. I like to straighten my hair on the day I wash my hair because it makes up the time that it takes to wash my hair since straightening is fast than curling. It’s also 40% off using code JENICA40!!
If you love this how to curl long hair tutorial, you will also love these posts:
My Absolute Favorite Skincare That has Changed my Skin
The 4 Best Eye Makeup Products you Need!!
Hi Jenica! Great tips today girl! Those hair products are calling me name. 🙂 Would you mind sharing details on your necklaces or bracelets? Thanks!!
Jenica Parcell says
Thank you, Elyse! Necklaces are Made by Mary and bracelets are Stella and Dot!
What can i use for oily hair? It weighs my hair down?
Jenica Parcell says
My hair isn’t super oily, so I’m not sure! I don’t have experience with that so I’m sorry I can’t help with it 🙂