The Best Way to Clean Makeup Brushes:
Since I had never cleaned my brushes before, I needed to find someone to help me. An expert. My husband has an awesome cousin named Rachel Harper who just happens to be a makeup artist. She has traveled the country with Bare Minerals doing people’s makeup so I knew she would be the best person to ask! I was AMAZED at how well the castile soap worked! I mean, my makeup brushes were CAKED with my Bobbi Brown foundation and rouge. They now look brand new like on the day that I got them. Plus, I have SO much soap left and it will last me a LONG time (literally years) so I think this is the best deal on cleaning your makeup brushes as well!
STEPS TO CLEAN YOUR MAKEUP BRUSHES:
1. Over your bathroom sink, run some water over your makeup brush.
2. Pour a few drops of soap directly onto your makeup brush, then using your palm, swirl your makeup brush in a circular motion over your palm so the soap starts to foam.
3. Rinse the soap and makeup off in a stream of water, and repeat step 2 until the makeup is all gone!
4. Swirl the brush in a circular motion onto a soft towel, until it’s mostly dry.
5. To dry, place the brush into a jar or other container where it can dry facing upward with the bristles not touching anything.
6. Done! You’ll have the cleanest makeup brushes around!
Makeup Brushes – Before:
After cleaning my makeup brushes! I am still amazed!
Here’s to the cleanest brushes around!
UPDATE: I mixed this Castile Soap with some water in a bowl to clean out some lip balm from my carpet and it worked SO well. It cuts out greasy things amazingly well!